Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Color Wheel Mesh
This is my new Blog Site and first blog post of hopefully many to come!
You can check out my art on Facebook <== "Like" this page
This piece is by far one of my favorite pieces. It is an odd shaped canvas, 20 x 32. I had just bought over 150 canvases and this was the only canvas without a sister. When I bought the canvases, I managed to wheel the craigslister into a huge box of acrylics for a total of about $250.00, a steal! Inspired by prior roommate and fellow artist Michael Palza, I used a pour method, mixing my paints with water in small cups (whichyou can see in the photo). This took a very long time, as each color has to be mixed individually. After each color is poured, the next layers of colors goes on. Normally, I listen to music, usually Reggae when I paint, this one was done in total quiet.
The small details were done with drops of pour and then dots pressed with a toothpick. Most of the smaller details and spirals were designed with a toothpick. The colors in this one really pop and they ended up drying that way which was I love. The painting took about 1 week to dry in the garage. After it dried, I then put a gloss finish over it, which does make it shinier and adds to the flavor of the painting.
I would love to hear your comments and feedback! Feel free to let me know what you think below
Labels:
Abstract,
Abstract Art,
Art,
Color,
Color Wheel,
Colorful,
Happy,
Paint,
Paint Special,
Pour
Location:
Redwood City, CA, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment